Friday, March 10, 2006

Team Player

I have seen this posted on other 'blogs (The Curt Jester, The Anchoress, Happy Catholic, et. al.). It was the invitation to join "The B-Team". Last night, after clicking on the link and seeing this 'blog, I decided to submit my application:
Dear Mr. Lugari: Please accept my humble application as an Amateur Catholic. I am an amateur because of my non-existent training in liturgy, theology, catechism, apologetics, and the other disciplines which set the Professional Catholic apart from us. I am an amateur because I am not a good writer. I am an amateur because I still am a "practicing" Catholic. I need all the practice I can get. I am an amateur because I have not learned the Two Great Commandments well enough. I am an amateur, in the truest sense of the world. For the love of God. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to your reply.
I was pleasantly surprised to see who was behind this. (Rick, return to De Civitate Deo, subito!) I found the reply in my e-mail box this morning:
It's up, pal. (There was also a brief note of encouragement enclosed.)
So, I now am officially an "Amateur Catholic".

No comments: