Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Passing The Plate

This is extremely difficult for me to write. But if this becomes the moment when I shatter the myth I am self-sufficient, that I don't require help, it needs to be done.

Yes. I am asking for your help.

Happy Catholic and The Holy Fool have both posted about my most pressing concern. In the comment box at Julie's site, an idea was born. It seems it was going to happen with or without my "permission".

It was suggested to take up a donation for my plight. Julie and Rick Lugari have run with the idea, and there have been a few e-mail exchanges between the three of us today. And it would be good for me to make the first pitch.

So, here it is.

For those of you who are regulars to this "infinitesimal corner of the universe" or have come across it for the first time, I am asking if you would consider helping me. Your prayers, of course, are always welcome. It is the material side of my life, however, that needs immediate attention.

As you have read, I am on the verge of eviction. The only way to avoid it is to remit what is owed. The summons only mentions the rent for March and court costs (would someone please explain to me how piling on the attorney's fees when I didn't have the money when it was due is not a form of greed), but how many realize April 1 approaches?

Lest you think I am not doing my part, I do have an interview for a job tomorrow, plus two new leads, plus applications which need follow-up. The high school softball season starts this weekend, and I have about a dozen sub-varsity games to work in the next few weeks. I also teach soccer referee classes at this time of the year and have two sessions in my sights. Finally, I have contracted to do some shipping of packages overseas on an "at need" basis.

Getting the money for those things takes time. No advances for any of those. In terms of cash flow, the spigot is off at the moment.

So, if you are able and willing to help me out financially, please click on the donation button found on the right of the 'blog, just under my profile information. Any amount will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

No comments: