Monday, May 02, 2016

PM--A "Two For" Week

I had to think about what to do this week. With most of the United States celebrating the Solemnity of the Ascension of Our Lord on the 7th. Sunday of Easter instead of  the traditional 40 days after the Resurrection, that is, on a Thursday (cf. Acts 1:1-3; remember, St. Luke strove for historical accuracy), my question was what was I going to do with both sets of Propers. Was I going to ignore the Propers for the 7th. Sunday of Easter? Was I going to do a Special Edition post of the Ascension Propers?

As you have seen, I decided to run them both concurrently. While the Communion for Ascension will fall after its traditional time, this was the best solution possible. Since I am following the liturgical calendar for the Ordinary Form, the dilemma of a celebration falling on two separate days is solved by acknowledging both the Holy Day of Obligation and the Sunday it displaces.

Double your pleasure; double your fun.

No comments: