Monday, May 30, 2016

PM: Introit Mondays--10th. Sunday Of Ordinary Time

There are two introits for this day; the first is for Cycles A and C.
The Lord is my light and and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the protector of my life, of whom shall I be afraid? My enemies who trouble me have themselves grown weak and have fallen.
V. Though a host encamp against me, my heart shall not fear.
Ps. 26: 1, 2, 3
With God by our side, we shall prevail. There is nothing in this life that should trouble us.
O Lord, if you were to take into account our iniquities, who would withstand the test? But forgiveness abides with you, O God of Israel.
V. Out of the depths have I cried to you, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice.
Ps. 129:3, 4; V. 1, 2
This introit, also for the 28th. Sunday Of Ordinary Time, shows God as great Judge and merciful Creator. In our sorrow we turn to Him, pleading for forgiveness.

No comments: