Monday, November 21, 2005

Job Hunting Update

I made this comment on the post "Losing My Religion?":

The second reason relates to my job search. I have a second interview with a Catholic church (withholding the name of the parish for now) on November 14 for the position of Music Director. I could be in that setting being discussed at Open Book.

The interview has come and gone. I was told I would have an answer one way or the other by last Friday. When you are looking for a job, you want phone calls and not letters.

There was no phone call on Friday.

Today, this attachment was in my personal e-mail box:

21 November 2005

Dear Ron:

Greetings! I offer my apologies for this late response. I meant to contact you last week by e-mail to inform you that the committee was still pondering and praying over the applicants, you being one of them and that the decision was delayed.

Be that as it may the decision to hire a new Director of Liturgy and Music for Our Lady of Guadalupe has been made. Though we know you are qualified, we have decided to hire someone else. It took several days of deliberation because we believe that this parish could have used your gifts and talents in many ways. However, we also had other things to consider. Once we put them together it became clear that though you are well qualified, this other person would fit the "personality" of the parish best and help us grow in the direction that we need to go.

I am grateful that you considered Our Lady of Guadalupe and for making the trip to St. Joseph. You are a talented person and I hope you find what you are looking for soon.

Sincerely,
Fr. Tom Ludwig, pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe
(Note: The church is located in Missouri.)

So do I, Father; so do I.

The job search continues.

No comments: