Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Grateful Praise

Fedora Doff to Steve Dillard at Southern Appeal, who also has this posted:

SOLDIERS PRAYER

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.

I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing I asked for--but everything I had hoped for.

Almost, inspite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all men, most richly blessed.
Anonymous Confederate Soldier

Happy Thankgiving!

No comments: