Tuesday, July 05, 2022

Scored 3X

My chronological odometer rolls over today.

There is now a zero at the end of my age.

Which means the first number has changed as well.

(And, yes, I have no problem saying it.)

I am always grateful to see my natal anniversary. It means I still "live and move and have my being" on earth. Deo gratias.

I also take it as a sign God is not done with me, yet. And while I do not know the time or place when I will see Him face to face, it means I must continue to seek and find Him. Being sanctified, becoming holy, remaining redeemed is not a "one and done" proposition.

Believe me, there is much work to be done. I am nowhere near being the rich young man (cf. Matthew 19:16-30 and Luke 18:18-30). You want identity politics? The tax collector (cf. Luke 18:9-14) and the Centurion (cf. Matthew 8:5-13 and Luke 7:1-10) are the people with whom I relate. And they have a step on me because of their humility.

I do believe, Lord; help my unbelief.

Then there are some lines to the horizontal beam of my "cross" which are asking for my attention:

1. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

2. Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

3. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

4. And whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

There may be a bit of "rage, rage against the dying of the light." But that is only because I still want to proceed in this journey called living. I'm nowhere near ready to throw in the towel.

Let's see where the next 365 days lead.

Hopefully, with another post like this.

And, therefore, another change in the chronological odometer.

No comments: