Saturday, July 31, 2021

The First Jesuit


The Society of Jesus has been my favorite religious order, despite the turmoil and tempests they have caused in the past. I have always admired their academic rigor as part of their formation. In my opinion, they are, in a manner of speaking, the "brain cells" of the Body of Christ. His "Spiritual Exercises" are not for the faint of soul. I understand it takes a great deal of humility and maturity to apply them. Someday.... 

His biography is here.

His famous prayer:
Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me. I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more.
Truly, a soldier for Christ.

**********

Originally posted 7/31/2008.
Re-posted 7/31/2020.

No comments: