Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Of Grateful Praise"

Wow. Where do I start?

I am normally a man of few words, so it's relatively easy to leave me speechless. But, words are all I have right now. With what has happened in the past week, I am still shaking my head in amazement.

It is time to close the ledger and open my heart on acknowledging all who have done me the greatest kindness I have ever experienced. Virtual strangers, one and all. People I have never met, nor probably will. That you reached out and helped is still beyond my comprehension. So, with a grateful and humble heart, I need to say "thank you".

"Father, all powerful and ever-living God,..."

"...we do well always and everywhere to give you thanks, through Jesus Christ our Lord."
How shall I make a return to the Lord for all the good he has done for me? To you will I offer sacrifice of thanksgiving, and I will call upon the name of the Lord.
Psalm 116: 12,17

Also, thanks to St. Anthony for his intercession. If you read the prayer I have at the top of the 'blog, you will see what I mean.

The Good Samaritans

These are the people who have been supporting me with their prayers. After reading about my plight, they took it upon themselves to not only ask what could be done, but also acted upon the answer. To Julie D., Rick (and his lovely bride, Rhonda; truly a team effort there) Lugari, and the Holy Fool: Thank you for reaching out and offering your help. Your willingness to sacrifice your time was the push I needed to be vulnerable. 

"Lo, I send my messenger...."

I have already mentioned some of the people who have posted this on their 'blogs. The Fool makes note of others who have. I also saw a mention by Dominico Bettinelli. To those and others who have spread the word via their 'blogs (and, please, I don't mean to exclude anyone): Thank you for lending a hand. 

The Communion Of Saints

When this is all said and done, a little over 100 people will have donated. The amounts given are not important. I appreciate each and every one of you who did, no matter how much it was.

Some names I recognize from the 'blogosphere. All will be kept in pectore and remain anonymous (as well as any personal information). You will be in my prayers for a while. May God reward you richly for your generosity.

I have been given a great trust. You have put your faith in me. I promise to be a good steward of the gifts I have received. From the depth of my heart and soul, thank you all for showing me the love of Christ.
The LORD said to Moses: "Speak to Aaron and his sons and tell them: This is how you shall bless the Israelites. Say to them: The LORD bless you and keep you! The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The LORD look upon you kindly and give you peace! So shall they invoke my name upon the Israelites, and I will bless them." 
Numbers 6:22-27
So shall I invoke the name of Lord and ask a blessing upon you all.

No comments: