Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Two Times Three Cubed Time

If those who like math have done the calculation correctly or you remember what time of the year this is, it is that time in my life again.

I have lived another year on this earth, hoping my toil will gain me an everlasting reward.

I am reminded of the old saw that if one does not think birthdays are important, skip having the next one.

I do think it important to mark this passage of time, this rite of existence, this day of my nativity.

It is the time to give thanks that "we live and move and have our being".

It is a time to be grateful for what we have been given.

It is a time to look back and look forward (and maybe even Go Forward).

It is a time to acknowledge the ultimate status quo--that you are.

Pray that I may see the next one.


No comments: