Tuesday, July 26, 2016

PM: Introit Mondays--18th. Sunday Of Ordinary Time

There are two choices; the first is for Cycle A.
All you who are thirsty, come to the waters, says the Lord, and you who have no money, come, drink in gladness.
V. Attend, O my people, to my law; incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
Cf. Isaiah 55:1; V. Ps. 55
God gives freely His grace. Along with life-giving water, He gives His life-giving words.
O God, come to my assistance; O Lord, make haste to help me; let them be put to confusion and shame, my enemies who seek my life.
V. Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor, who wish me evil.
Ps. 69:2, 3; V. 4
The beginning of many of the prayers of the Liturgy of the Hours, we ask for God's aid. We can only overturn the enemies of God with His power and might.

No comments: