Friday, July 08, 2016

PM: Communion Fridays--15th. Sunday Of Ordinary Time

UPDATE: 7/12/2016

There are two choice for this day.
The sparrow has found herself a home, and the turtle dove a nest in which to lay her young:  at your altars, O Lord of hosts, my King and my God! Blessed are they who dwell in your house, they shall praise you for ever and ever.
Ps. 83:4,5
If the birds of the air can dwell in the presence of the Lord, so can we. We shall give Him eternal praise and receive an everlasting blessing.
He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood, abides in me, and I in him, says the Lord.
John 6:57
We revisit a Communion antiphon from the Solemnity of Corpus Christi, where His most radical command is met with His most radical promise. His word is worthy, but do we come to receive Him likewise?

No comments: