Monday, January 02, 2012

Morning/Intentions

Perhaps this is part of your daily prayer life (or, like me, should be on a more consistent basis):
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. I offer them for all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart: the salvation of souls, reparation for sin, and the reunion of all Christians. I offer them for the intentions of our bishops and of all Apostles of Prayer, and in particular for those recommended by our Holy Father this month.
You may have wondered at times who are the Apostles of Prayer? And what intentions does the Holy Father recommend every month?

The answer to the first question is here.  (By the way, I have met Fr. Kubicki.  He directed a week long Lenten retreat at my home parish in Mankato a few years ago.)

The answer to the second question will be the subject of my next post.  As I have seen on other 'blogs, I will provide those monthly intentions.  They consist of a general intercession and one geared toward missionary word (in a broad sense of the word--think in terms of the final words of St. Matthew's Gospel).

Offer it up.

No comments: