Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Plan 1-A

So, how is my job search progressing?

"Ask me no questions; I'll tell you no lies."

While not quite giving up on the employment outlook, I have started to give more focus to where my heart seems to be leading me.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the other alternative to finding work is to return to school and chase my dream. To that end, today I mailed two pieces of correspondance which should complete the application process to schools which have been on my short list for quite a while. I have filed application forms, asked for recommendations from former professors, and sent transcripts, statements of intent, and other papers to support my application. I will need to re-take the GRE General Test, but I hope my prior record as a graduate student will buy the time I need to take care of that.

My "final four" and the program I would be studying, if accepted:
University of Iowa; Iowa City, IA--Master of Music: Choral Conducting
University of Connecticut; Storrs, CT--Master of Music: Choral Conducting
San Jose State University; San Jose, CA--Master of Music: Choral Conducting
University of Notre Dame; Notre Dame, IN--Master of Sacred Music (Choral Emphasis)
Why I chose these programs, and the pros and cons for each, will make good fodder for future posts.

No comments: