Thursday, September 12, 2024

Last Time As A Teen

It all began nineteen years ago.

228 months later, it continues.

No, there hasn't been at least one post a day for the past 6,940 days. (You forgot about Leap Days, didn't you?) That has never been a goal. Prolific posting has never been a hallmark of this infinitesimal corner of the universe, considering there have only been 1,300+ original posts during this time (remember, I am the king of re-posting).

What has been the goal of this 'blog as it has evolved are thoughtful, quality posts. Your mileage may vary as to how that standard has been met. It also has found a bit of focus with matters musical, liturgical, spiritual, and personal. It has and will be a work in progress, much like the 'blogmaster.

I still have a "still, small voice". I have noticed a very slight uptick in views of new material. It does give me hope the continued maturing will regain me a cornerstone audience and the continued building of a following. While I wonder if the halcyon days of 'blogging are over, as other types of social media has seeming left this format in the dust, I still believe in both the medium and the message it can deliver. A more concerted effort is necessary. (Yes, I know I have said that in various ways over the years. I am such a tease that way. I hope the wait for my musings will be worth it.)

So, the 'blogosphere will still have me around.

It's still worth it to hit the "publish" button on Blogger.

I still welcome your presence as I reestablish mine.

Besides, I want to see the chronological odometer change.

 

No comments: