Saturday, December 17, 2022

Advent's Magnificent Seven

They are most familiar to those who make the Divine Office/Liturgy of the Hours a regular part of their prayer life.

They are very familiar to us at this time of the liturgical year as a hymn heard frequently throughout Advent.

They are rather familiar to you who visit this infinitesimal corner of the universe and seek them for whatever inspiration they may provide.

As is this 'blog's tradition, I once again present my series of meditations on the "O" Antiphons. These are the seven antiphons recited or chanted before the Magnificat during Vespers/Evening Prayer starting tonight. Each one focuses on a title given to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Each one begs for His coming into the world, not only as the Babe in the manger but also the Judge at the end of time.

It is my desire to take from my store these offerings of a simple pilgrim and share them once more.

It is my hope as we still await the blessed hope my meager musings are still "ever ancient, ever new".

It is my invitation to come and see, again.

Later today.

No comments: