Monday, September 12, 2022

When I Was Seventeen

This infinitesimal corner of the universe celebrates only two events directly related to it host. The first is, naturally, the host's natal day. The other is the birth of this collection of pixels created by the host.

Yes, this my 'blogiversary.

Has 'blogging gone out of fashion? I would say, given the development of other social media, that answer leans toward the affirmative. Yet there are still very predominate and influential  people who include this as part of their virtual footprint. I still think it has a purpose.

Perhaps that is why this is still around. I have never claimed to be proficient or that profound, despite a promising beginning. I always work toward being thoughtful and relevant, although being part of the news cycle has never been a fabric in this outfit. (And there have been plenty of things upon which to comment.) I don't mind being a "small, quiet voice". It is my hope that my words give you a point of departure for contemplation.

So once again, I renew my commitment to keep this going. It has never been on life support; rather, I would think it is more in hibernation. Yes, there will be the usual re-posts and monthly reminders. I just need to move the spirit and post on what interests me and upon which I can expound from my limited background, knowledge, and experience. For now, that it how I am defining how successful this is.

Do continue to come and visit; I enjoy your company.

The welcome mat is still out.

No comments: