Tuesday, December 31, 2019

The End Of The '10's

At the end of the day there will also not only be an end to the month, not only an end to the year, but also to the end to the decade.

Time sure flies when you're having fun.

But, then again, how much fun did I have the past ten years?

As for the past year, I could just re-post this. (The more things stay the same, the more they are the same.)

The search for a full-time job continues to bear no fruit. I don't mind it when an employer hires or narrow their search for someone who is a better fit for them; that's part of the process. It still bothers me a bit when applications seem to go into the rabbit hole of no acknowledgement (which seems to me say I'll get no consideration). It bothers me even more to have applied for something and then discover the position was filled by the person who was serving in an interim role. Then why bother to advertise an opening at all? But the one thing I don't understand is when someone says their search is going to go in a different direction. Is that just a polite way of saying I'm not what they seek? (Time to revive that post with the prayer to St. Anthony seeking his intercession in the job search.)

As I was reviewing all of my past posts about this day, I was reminded about what I said in 2015. I have to ask myself if I have grown in courage since I wrote that. The answer is, "Not enough, if at all." Fortitude, like all virtues, must be exercised. It only grows with grace. I can't talk a good game anymore. Actions do speak louder than words.

So, what's in store when the calendar gets changed?

"Give us this day" and let's see what happens.

"Go Forward. Be Bold."

Roar into the '20s.

No comments: