Tuesday, March 15, 2016

PM: Gradual Tuesdays--Palm (Passion) Sunday

My God, my God, look upon me, why have you forsaken me? 
V. My words of sin have drawn me far from salvation. 
V. O my God, I call by day and you give no reply; I call by night and not without reason. 
V. Yet, you dwell in the sanctuary; you are the praise of Israel. 
V. Our fathers placed their hope in you; they trusted and you delivered them. 
V. They cried out to you and they were saved; they put their hope in you and they were not confounded. 
V. But I am a worm and no man; scorned by men and despised by the people. 
V. All who see me mock at me, they make mouths at me, they wag their heads. 
V. "He trusted in the Lord; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, for he delights in him." 
V. And so they looked and gazed upon me; they divided my garments among themselves, and for my raiment they have cast lots. 
V. Save me from the mouth of the lion; my afflicted soul from the horns of the unicorn. 
V. You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you sons of Jacob, glorify him 
V. A future generation shall be announce on behalf of the Lord, and the heavens will declare his justice; 
V. Unto a nation yet to be born, and whom the Lord has prepared. 
Ps. 21:2-9, 18, 19, 22, 24, 32
This is in the Extraordinary Form of the Mass for this day the Tract. One of the "Seven Last Words", it is an appeal to see Jesus as He truly is. Read the whole Psalm (it is Psalm 22 in modern numbering).

No comments: