Monday, February 22, 2016

PM: Introit Mondays--3rd. Sunday Of Lent

We are presented two options today.
My eyes are forever turned towards the Lord; for he shall release my feet from the snare; look upon me and have mercy on me, for I am abandoned and destitute. 
V. Unto you, O Lord, have I lifted up my soul; my God, I trust in you, let me not be put to shame. 
Ps. 24:15, 16; V. 1-2
We look toward God, Who is all-loving and all-merciful, to make us whole again. While we ask for mercy, we must also remember the petition in the Our Father about forgiving others.
When I vindicate my holiness through you, I will gather you from all lands, and I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and you shall be cleansed from all your filthiness; and I will give you a new Spirit; (Added during the Easter Season:  alleluia, alleluia). 
V. I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. 
Ezek. 36:23, 24, 25, 26: V. Ps. 33
This Introit, along with being a choice for today, is one of the choices for the Feast of Pentecost:  Vigil Mass (with the alleluias being omitted if used during Lent). While you see why it is a great choice for Pentecost, we are also given a new Spirit whenever we are reconciled to God after the Sacrament of Penance. We shall be made clean again.

No comments: