Friday, December 25, 2015

PM: Communion Fridays--Feast Of The Holy Family

There are two communion verses for this feast. The first is for Lectionary Cycle A; the second, B and C.
Take the child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel; for those who sought the child's life are dead. 
Matt. 2:20
St. Joseph's actions speak so loudly he doesn't need to say anything. Throughout his life, he shows how to head a household--with complete trust and obedience to God's commands.
My son, why have you treated us so? Your father and I have been anxiously looking for you. How is it that you were seeking me? Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business? 
Luke 2:48, 49
As an adult, Jesus is later quoted about leaving all behind to do the will of God and follow Him. Those who do are His true family.


No comments: