Friday, July 05, 2013

It's A (Fifty)-"One"-derful Life

Well, it's going to happen again.

Another birthday.

Frankly (and with quite a bit of bias, I might add), I think it's a very good thing.

While I might not be the embodiment of Irenaeus spirituality, I still hope I show some of God's glory in my life.

I still happen to enjoy "living and moving and having my being".  I still like this mortal coil, while heeding the voice of the Trinity.  I still revel in the challenge of being in the world but not of the world.  While I still struggle with the crosses I have (and accepting the ones I haven't yet), it is and will be worth it to work out my salvation in trembling and fear.

God knows of my successes and failings regarding that matter.  His Grace is sufficient, but only if it is used.  I know I lack, but He knows how much.  To eventually see Him as He is requires the work of a lifetime; buoyed by the Church He founded and the other disciples who follow Him, it can be accomplished.

Max Ehrmann is correct, "With all it's sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."

I rejoice and give thanks to God I am still a part of it.

May I be blessed to see the next time this date comes on the calendar.

No comments: