Monday, December 31, 2012

A Brief EOY Review

For the past few years, my motto has been, "Go Forward."  (This is not to be confused with the campaign slogan used by the current sitting and soon to be re-inaugurated POTUS.)

I can honestly say that during 2012, I went the other direction.

I'll spare you the details; it's not a pretty picture.  Let's just say the triplets of despair, discouragement, and disappointment continue to hound me.  While things could be a whole lot worse than they are, I can't say there has been any improvement in the lot of my life.  I wouldn't say I was back at square one, but I do have one foot hovering over it.

Maybe it's not a bad thing if I did, in a way, begin again.  I don't know what to expect anymore, so maybe I should not have expectations.  But, then, that would be a form of hopelessness.

This is a time when I truly need to remind myself of the blessings I do have, the fundamental ones being I still have being and dignity.  Food, clothing, and shelter are still in my realm, unlike so many.  I have a small place in my part of society, unlike so many.  I do have what I need, unlike so many.

The question becomes then about my wants.  What is it my heart truly desires? What is the priority in my soul? What of my essence that will make my existence wholly acceptable to God?

Those are the questions I am being lovingly asked.  When I will give the loving answers will be up to my accepting the grace of God.  When that will happen?

In God's time, when I recognize it.

The end of the world has not happened

2013 is right around the corner.

"Pray, trust, and don't worry."

Go Forward.


No comments: