Saturday, September 12, 2020

"I Am Fifteen..."

Can you believe it?

I can and can't at the same time.

I've managed to make this infinitesimal corner of the universe last another year.

I'm amazed I've had a 'blog for as long as I have. Prudence suggested a long time ago to place it along side the myriad of other defunct 'blogs. I'm just not ready to do that. It is still a "small, quiet voice" and I'm fine with that. These posts have been a reflection of my personality. And while there have been any number of subjects upon which to put fingers to keyboard, I still keep my powder dry until I'm ready to use it.

I don't think that's such a bad thing. Twain's admonition is something that current discourse needs right now. The motto of the Society of Jesus helps keep my eye on the prize. I do want to use this for good.

Looking back on prior posts reflecting this remembrance, I noted I kept making the same promise to be more active. I'm not going to say that this time. When I post, whether something old or new, it will be on my terms, as it has been for quite a while now. I don't 'blog to live.

And so this very part-time hobby will go on.

"...Going on sixteen?" Only with the grace of God.

The welcome mat is still out.

Do drop by on occasion. 

No comments: