Friday, April 22, 2016

PM: Communion Fridays--5th. Sunday Of Easter

There are two communion antiphons; the second is used for Cycles B and C.
Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me? Phillip, he who sees me sees the Father. Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? Alleluia, alleluia.
John 14:9
Perhaps this is the greatest spiritual blindness of all. If we cannot be caught up in Love made visible (the Son), how can we be caught up in the Love we cannot see (the Father)?
I am the true vine, and you are the branches. alleluia; he who abides in me and I in him, he it is who bears much fruit, alleluia, alleluia.
John 15:5
"Apart from Me, you can do nothing." The Examination of Conscious allows us to see how we have been severed from the True Vine, and so not have Life within us.

No comments: