Monday, February 15, 2016

PM: Introit Mondays--2nd. Sunday Of Lent

There are two choices for the Introit this Sunday.
My heart declared to you : "Your countenance have I sought; I shall ever seek your countenance, O Lord; do not turn your face from me." 
V. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? 
Ps. 26:8, 9; V. 1
We continually seek the face of God and ask Him not to turn away from us. We are reminded that all who seek will find.
Remember your mercies, Lord, and your love which is from all eternity. Do not let our enemies triumph over us; deliver us, O God of Israel, from all our tribulations. 
V. Unto you, O Lord, have I lifted up my soul; O my God, I trust in you, let me not be put to shame. 
Ps. 24:6, 3, 22; V. 1-2
More in tune with the penitential spirit, we who are sinners ask for forgiveness. We place our trust not in the princes of the world but the Prince of Peace.

No comments: