Monday, July 05, 2021

Still Another "Prime" Birthday Time

For the 17th. time in my life, I have reached an age which is only divisible by itself and one. (And here's hoping I will see the 18th. edition as well, God willing. Because that will mean I have seen another x0 th. birthday.)

As I have done since the inception of this 'blog, I gratefully acknowledge the first and best natural gift I have received:  existence. Yet despite "all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams," it is still worthy of being. Have I made the best of it? Not by a long shot; "what if" is a game I play way too often. I still curse the darkness too much instead of lighting a candle. But by realizing I have fallen short of the glory of God, understanding the many times I haven't done His will, I can continue "with the help of Thy grace" to pursue metanoia, knowing perfection on earth is a worthy struggle. There is still a lot of Augustinian resistance, however. As I have said before, the four hardest words in Christianity are "Thy will be done."

I thank God "I am fearfully, wonderfully made."

In Him do I "live and move and have my being."

May I strive in the next twelve months to be more of the creature the Creator intended me to be.

No comments: