Sunday, March 28, 2021

Those "Words" Again

Holy Week is here.

Palm Sunday is upon us.

The most important time in the liturgical year has arrived.

Once again, we begin our journey with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into Jerusalem as He begins "His hour". And while the route seems familiar and the events easy to recall, one can find a way to perceive this most sacred event in a new way. We can enter into the Paschal Mystery humbly and open our ears, minds, hearts, and souls to the denouement of "The Greatest Story Ever Told".

As I have since the inception of this 'blog, I once again offer you my reflections on the "Seven Last Words", the sentences spoken by our Lord while He hung upon the Cross. This series of short meditations, incomplete as they are, are nothing but an invitation to discover others who have much more to say, both in volume and in profundity. Like my series on the "O" Antiphons, they are a way to bring this time of preparation to a culmination.

I hope you find them useful.

I hope to see you later.

When "His hour" arrives at last.

No comments: