Monday, December 31, 2018

A Year-End Summary

What's the best thing that happened to me this past year?

Nothing.

And I am grateful for that.

The status quo peacefully remained the status quo. Nothing earth-shattering, soul-searching, mind- disturbing, or heart-wrenching rocked my life. I performed my tasks at my two job, I continued my participation in the church music ministries which welcome my talents, and I continue to live my life.

Who would have thought boring would be beautiful?

Yes, I did have my share of disappointments regarding the job search, especially an opportunity within the past few days. But I am working on not letting the rejection affect me more than it should and I have met with a modicum of success. I will just keep looking for the next opportunity. Perhaps I then can meet the Kipling standard.

But for now, I do expect 2019 to have it own demands of me, mostly of things where I can say "been there, done that, have the souvenir" and the occasional plot twist. What they will be, I have no clue. I just hope to be prepared to successfully deal with them, "with the help of Thy grace".

The resolutions are the same.

I pray the resolve with be there.

Be Bold.

Go Forward.

The calendar page turn comes soon.

No comments: