Monday, October 24, 2016

PM: Introit Mondays--31st. Sunday Of Ordinary Time

There are two options; the first is for Cycle A and B.
Abandon me not, O Lord my God, do not depart from me; come to my assistance, O Lord, mainstay of my deliverance.
V. O Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger; chastise me not in your wrath.
Ps. 37:22, 23; V. 2
We realize our dependence on God for our lives. We plead to God for forgiveness, with mercy do we wish to be considered.
Your mercy extends to all things, O Lord, and you despise none of the things you have made. You overlook the sins of men for the sake of repentance. You grant them your pardon, because you are the Lord our God.
V. Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for my soul confides in you. 
Wisdom 11:24, 25, 27; V. Ps. 56
Again we see the Introit from Ash Wednesday, the plea to extend mercy to us. We pray that God will take pity on us in spite of our sinful ways.

No comments: