Saturday, December 17, 2011

Antiphonal Echo


Once again, we enter into the homestretch of Advent.

Once again, we begin our final preparations for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Once again, we meditate on His coming into the world.

With that in mind, I humbly present once again my series of meditations on the "O" Antiphons.  Along with my meager thoughts, I will once again be linking to posts by Fr. John Zuhlsdorf of "What Does The Prayer Really Say" and Fr. Mark Kirby, OSB of "Vultus Christi", who, each in their own wonderful ways, will expound on these short verses found in the Liturgy of the Hours.  In fact, Fr. Zuhlsdorf has a short primer on these simple yet profound phrases.

My posts on these are arguably the most popular among my readers, judging by the increase in traffic during this time.

Once again, I hope you enjoy them.

No comments: