Monday, December 17, 2007

The Countdown Begins Anew

When I served notice I would be re-doing the "O Antiphons" in 2006, Doctor Thursday left this in the comment section:
...These ancient titles inspire and excite and are so beautiful as well as instructive. Indeed they shall not go out of style; here (almost like that line from St. Augustine) we have words and tokens, some thousands of years old - and they are cast in electronic form and "sent out to all the earth"! Something in the Gospel about the wise steward who brings both the old and the new...
Besides: this is the very best part of Advent, where we and the Church get to "count down" to Christmas, just like little kids... Oh, that's right: "unless you become like little kids, you shall by no means enter the Kingdom"....
I also know the Happy Catholic promoted them (and, Julie, I am still ever so appreciative of that).

Once again, "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something purple" (I have read where a specific shade of dark blue is used instead; but, as much as I personally enjoy that color, I will stick with the liturgically correct hue).

The return begins later today.

No comments: