Sunday, December 24, 2006

Meme: Personal Practices

The Holy Fool thinks I need to post more often. He tagged me with this meme:

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
I have to admit I don't have one. To me, this is an indication I have a long way to go to see Him as a Person close to me rather than Someone far away.

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The rosary is part of my walk to and from church (all 20 mysteries). I also try to recite the "Angelus" at least at noon every day.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
I have worn a cross, a four-way medal, and a St. Christopher medal at points in my life. I would like to return to that habit of wearing something around my neck.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
No.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
Since I recite the "Morning Offering" the first thing before my feet hit the floor, I am covered (I think).

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
When offered during Lent. There is also a parish which offers Perpetual Adoration, which I should utilize more.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
As a cantor/song-leader at my parish, I have to be flexible. Right now, with my work schedule, I am restricted to Sundays for availability.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
What Julie D. says: "Yep. 'Bless us O Lord and these Thy gifts....'"

10. Favorite Saint(s)?
St. Joseph (my baptismal name), St. Anthony of Padua (my confirmation name), St. Cecilia.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
I had better be able, after reciting the rosary as much as I have. Better challenge: the Nicene Creed.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
I have been reciting the "Jesus Prayer" quite a bit as a form of meditation. I also have recited the prayer given by the angel to the children of Fatima ("Oh, my God, I believe, I adore, I hope, and I love Thee....") at times.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
If I remember, something short about granting grace to all involved.


Again, play along if interested.

No comments: