Sunday, December 24, 2006

Meme: Christmas Favorites

A new 'blog (to me), Obi's Sister, has tagged me with this fun Christmas meme:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Egg nog. Straight. Usually Christmas morning breakfast. But I also enjoy hot chocolate as well.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I wrap, but very poorly.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, if I had a tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. No one with whom to utilize it. (But, then, I wouldn't need an excuse like that.)

5. When do you put your decorations up? I have very few decorations. They ususally will displayed starting Christmas Eve.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Don't really have one; Christmas dinner looks a lot like Thanksgiving (turkey and trimmings).

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Christmas Eve supper was soups (chili, oyster stew, and potato), a relish tray, meat/cheese/cracker tray, and cookies and sweets made by my mother.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I noticed the handwriting on the packages were the same as my father's.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have never had a tree to decorate since I have been on my own. Someone has sent me a two-foot tall artificial pine (the kind that requires one to pull and arrange the branches) with lights and ball ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I still enjoy winter, save for the bitter cold. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

12. Can you ice skate? No.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Received or given? No favorites received. Quite a few given. (A future post?)

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? The celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have to start one.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing at the moment. One of these years, I will be able to decorate as I would like.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? I have been trying to take over for Santa for years.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Silent Night."

20. Candy canes: In moderation.

21. Favorite Christmas movie? The original "Miracle on 34th. Street."

22. What do you leave for Santa? Not a thing. He gets plenty from other homes.

As is my custom, play along at your 'blog or in the comment box.

No comments: