Sunday, September 11, 2011

Images Of Hope

There are a myrriad of images surrounding the events of 9/11. I chose these four because, while it is important to remember the past, it is just as important to visualize the future.



Who could not forget this act of reclaiming the area as our own? To me, it was symbolic of getting back to one's feet, bloodied but unbroken.



I lift up my eyes toward the mountains; whence shall help come to me. My help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.

Psalm 121:1-2


The Lord will guard you from all evil; he will guard your life. The Lord will guard your coming and your going, both now and forever.

Psalm 121:7-8



It was a simple yet dramatic memorial. Light overcoming darkness. A statement saying this will be done.

**********

Originally posted 9/11/2006.

No comments: