Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Resume Recount

The job search progresses at its usual snail's pace. Once again, the church music positions are holding the most promise. I had a phone interview with a Catholic church Monday and have one scheduled with a Presbyterian church for Sunday. Two other Catholic churches have called and inquired about my availability. Finally, a Methodist church has contacted me and will start their screening of candidates at the end of the month. Possibilities; but, when it comes to employment, I never count my chickens before they hatch. (N.B.--While I would prefer to work in and for a Catholic church, my directing experiences have been with Protestant choirs. As long as I can fit in and they don't even think about converting me, I am OK with it. That way, I can just focus on the music.)

A columnist for a financial advice website is in the same boat. His last column offers some tips on how to create a career.

No comments: