Friday, March 04, 2016

PM: Communion Fridays---4th. Sunday Of Lent

Three choices are available, two depending on which Gospel was proclaimed.
Jerusalem, built as a city whose parts are bound firmly together! It is there that the tribes go up, the tribes of the Lord, to give thanks unto your name, O Lord. 
Ps. 121:3, 4
This is the traditional antiphon. We, as the new tribes of Israel, go to the New Jerusalem and give thanks (partake of the Eucharist). Our common unity (communion) is the Real Presence.
The Lord made some clay with his spittle, and he spread it over my eyes; and I went forth, I washed myself, I began to see, and I put my faith in God. 
John 9:6, 11, 38
This one is the compliment to the Gospel of the Man Born Blind (Cycle A). Only God can restore us; only He can make us whole. Blinded by sin, washed in the waters of baptism, made whole again through confession, he provides the means to salvation.
My son, you should rejoice; for your brother who was dead has come back to life; he was lost and he has been found. 
Luke 15:32
This one is the compliment to the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Cycle C). God seeks us always, especially when we stray. He rejoices when we are re-united with Him.

No comments: