Monday, February 18, 2013

A Wandering Completed

Once in a while I take the time to read a story about how someone has converted to Catholicism.  The ones which grab my attention are those that take a more intellectual path to get to the shores of the Tiber.  Today while perusing my Facebook account, I was introduced to another one of those kind of conversions.  (A fedora doff to Aristotle Esguerra for the link).

While I was reading the article and noticing pictures of the 'blog's author, I thought to myself, "He looks familiar." In response to some of the comments made at the end of the piece, to identify himself, the icon he uses is a current picture of himself.  I checked the bar of those people who read my words via Networked Blog.

Sure enough, he is an occasional visitor to my infinitesimal corner of the universe.

Now, conversion is the work of the Holy Spirit.  Trust me, I don't look like the third Person of the Blessed Trinity.  If my 'blog was any help in his decision, as poor of an example of a practicing Catholic as I am, may it please God.  I doubt it, though.  His reading list is one I need to adopt.

Congratulations, Billy! Welcome to Rome.  May God continue to guide your steps and bestow the grace needed to follow Him.

No comments: