Friday, December 17, 2010

Countdown To "O"

This Advent season has really flown by for me. It is hard for me to believe there are only eight days left until Christmas.

Once again I offer my series of meditations on the "O" Antiphons. As is my wont, I continue to add to what I have done in the past. This year, along with the meditations of Fr. John Zuhlsdorf from his 'blog "What Does The Prayer Really Say", I introduce to you Dom Mark Daniel Kirby, OSB. I met him at the CMAA's Colloquium XX, where he presented a series of talks on how the Propers of the Mass provide a theme to the liturgy that day. His 'blog, "Vultus Christi", will be the source of those additional thoughts.

The "O" Antiphons are sung during Vespers and are also the Gospel Acclimation during Mass the next seven days. Seemingly my most popular posts, I once again hope you enjoy this "something old with something new, some things borrowed, all things true."

Come back this evening. Let us continue to "wait in joyful hope".

No comments: