Thursday, October 06, 2011

112 Years Of Harmony

One of my fondest memories of my undergraduate days at Morningside College (Sioux City, IA) was my involvement with Gamma Xi Chapter of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America.

Today the organization celebrates the 112th. anniversary of its founding at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, MA.

It has undergone lots of growth and development during its existence, not without some growing pains.

But its commitment to its ideals make it what it is today.

The Fraternity's current National President, John Alan Mongiovi, is marking the day with the following announcement:



Having been a voting delegate at the 1988 National Convention in Kansas City, MO and given the recent success of past Conventions, it looks to be another promising assembly.

Even though it has been over twenty years since my last involvement, I can still say with pride, "Once a Sinfonian, Always a Sinfonian. Long live Sinfonia!"

Come, Brothers, Hail!

(UPDATE: 10/6/2011): Whoops! I can't subtract. 2011 is the 113th. anniversary of the Fraternity. I have changed the title of the post and properly edited it to reflect that correction.

No comments: