Friday, December 25, 2009

Prayer Before The Creche

Oh, dearest little Child,
I come before You tonight
As You first came before the world
So long ago and so far away.

You came to bring "Peace on Earth, Good Will toward Men."
You came to be "The Way, the Truth, and the Light."
You came "So men might have Life
And have it to the fullest."

I come before you tonight in homage;
But I am not like the Magi,
Nor am I like one of the shepherds
That first came to see You.

I am nothing without You
And little more when You are near.
For I am a servant not good enough
For a Master such as You.

I come not bearing gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh,
But, instead, bring something to You
That You first gave to the world,
And now I wish to return.

I give to You tonight, as You have given to me,
The strength, the courage, the wisdom, the peace,
The faith, the hope, and most importantly,
The love You have shown to all mankind.

I give You myself tonight; the best gift I could.

(Copyright 1981 by the owner of this 'blog.)

**********

Originally posted 12/25/2005.

No comments: